TOP 10 KPOP SONGS OF 2016

To be honest, all the disbandment in 2016 made me almost want to throw my obsession with them far far away, but because of certain K-Pop songs I was able to cling to K-Pop a little bit. I'm now going to choose 10 of the best K-Pop songs in 2016.

10. VERY NICE BY SEVENTEEN
Rookie boy group's title track Very Nice reached No. 22 in South Korea and No. 2 on Billboard's World Chart.

I had a friend who was obsessed with Seventeen, but I didn't knew of their existence until later (her bias is Vernon). I'm not sure if it was autoplay who was at fault again or if I saw someone doing a cover or because I was intrigued with their Weekly Idol performance.



9. I LIKE THAT BY SISTAR
Since 2011, there has not been a title track sung by Sistar that hasn't reached No.1 in South Korea, seems like their devoted their fans haven't given up yet seeing this is still No.1 and that it was No.5 on Billboard's World Chart.

I came to this song by accident as well, because of autoplay. I already know who Sistar was and I'm already aware of their background, so I got obsessed with this song real quick.



8. NO LOVE BY LUCKY J
The song was released did not chart on South Korea nor Billboard.

It's unfortunate that this song did not do well, but it's a good thing that Jessi's individual career is more famous than her group, there has been a controversy that Jessi's company did not promote her well enough thus the result of their song's flop. Nevertheless I loved the song, Jessi's vocals were no joke.


7. A LIE BY B1A4
A Lie reached No.8 in South Korea and made B1A4's impact in the K-Pop history more prominent than it was before.

I suddenly liked B1A4 after watching Moonlight Drawn by Clouds and Jinyoung's performance was one to die for. I looked up who Jinyoung is and I decided to listen to A Lie, and badda bing badda boom, I was hooked to them real quickly.


6. SAVE ME BY BTS
Unlike BTS' Blood Sweat and Tears this song failed to be No.1 in South Korea of make it in Top 10, however they reached No.19 in South Korea and No.2 on Billboard's World chart.

It should come to no surprise that I love BTS after all they are one of the reason why I crash dieted back on November and how my obsession in K-Pop grew within 1 day. They literally made me think if I should try auditioning to become an idol. The reason why I love Save Me more than Blood, Sweat, and Tears was because the song was more sweet and the dance break looked really delicate and pleasing.


5. OH NANA BY K.A.R.D
K.A.R.D is one of the unique groups out there. Up to this date they have yet to debut but have released 3 project singles and have gone on a world tour. Oh NaNa did not chart in South Korea since they haven't debuted yet but it reached No. 5 on Billboard's World chart.

I got into K.A.R.D by an accident actually. My autoplay was on and I was listening to K-Pop songs and it played Oh NaNa. I was instantly obsessed with the song and my obsession with K.A.R.D grew. I still don't know the name of the members of the group yet, but I'll get into them soon.


4. VERY VERY VERY BY I.O.I
Girl group IOI released their third title track titled Very Very Very, which were written and composed by JYP himself. It reached No.1 in South Korea and a started a trend similar to Girls Generation's "Gee".

I did not got into IOI until December, one month before their disbandment, which now looking back I regret dearly. The reason why I like this song was its really catchy and entertaining, and seeing Sejeong being Sejeong (who is my bias anyways) made me love IOI even more.


3. SHUT UP BY UNNIES
The song was produced by JYP, and it came to be because of a television called Unnies Slam Dunk where one of their cast member wished to be a part of a girl group. JYP offered them his counsel and trained them to be a girl group within 6 weeks. It reached No.3 in South Korea.

I don't know its because I am overwhelmed by how much effort they put into their song and into the group or its because Jessi was in it, nevertheless I loved this song and the crew behind Unnies Slam Dunk never failed to entertain me and make me smile.


2. L.I.E BY EXID
The phenomenal chart reversal icon of South Korea made their return in 2016 with their title track L.I.E and it's album Street. The song reached No.7 in South Korea and No. 16 in Billboard's World chart.

It's the first title track of EXID to sell less than a million since Up&Down, and it should come to no surprise seeing the big concept change in the song and in the music video. The reason why I chose L.I.E to be the Top 2 is because of how much I love EXID and I think its so brave of them to throw themselves in a different concept than what their fans are used to hearing.


1. 11:11 BY TAEYEON
The kid leader of Girls' Generation fourth title track is called 11:11. The song reached No.2 in Korea and No.5 in Billboard's US World Digital Singles. 

The reason why I chose 11:11 by Taeyeon is because of how it made me feel. Every time I listen to this song, I can't help but feel warm, and her vocals make it sure that she delivers this song perfectly to its theme.



That's the Top 10 K-Pop songs of 2016


<3




[edit 10/12/17:I just created a Facebook page, make sure you like it!!!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FLAW OF WILDFLOWER (FILIPINO TV SHOW)

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I DIDN'T CHANGE SCHOOLS?

THE SOGIE BILL AND WHY IT MATTERS