MY TAKE ON THE 16:8 FAST (how i got sick twice in a month)



I've said that this blog would be dedicated in all of my pleasures, and one of them is telling my Weight Loss stories-this is one of them. 


I have been doing the 16:8 fast, if you are unaware of it, it is when you stop eating (only eating, not drinking) for 16 hours, then you proceed to eat whatever your heart's desires for 8 hours. I've done it before in 8th grade and it left a good result, but due to my depression my weight gain has never been more rapid thus my efforts were all left for naught. I decided to do it again this time, and I've tried several times to see if my schedule can accompany such fast, and I saw it was possible. I stop eating after 6 PM, and start eating by 10 AM, but I saw there were tremendous consequences in this arrangement.

First of all my mood. I'm very cranky even if I'm full but being hangry (hungry + angry) has gotten the best of me. I tried disciplining myself when it comes to this matter but it was impossible, so I just tell myself to be quiet and not bother to speak a word, so far it worked. Second, my health. For the course of four weeks I've been trying the 16 hour fast, I've had a fever (for the first time in 3 years), a stiff neck, cramps, and possibly the mumps. It was all deplorable, and what was more deplorable is that I refused to eat when I was sick scared that my fasting would be affected. Last is my energy, before I would have the energy to walk for 3 hours to get to my destination (I'm very frugal), but after I decided to take on the 16 hour fast it has depleted and I'm easily more tired these days.

This is all based on experience, I plan to stick by it until I lose 100 pounds (I am 100 pounds overweight), but by the end of September, I plan to enroll in a gym and follow the original purpose of this fast. I still can't enroll in a gym since I'm too busy and my budget does not support it, by then I just have to get used to the feeling of the mild uncomfortable pain in my stomach every morning.

That is all, by the way, I don't recommend it unless you have a strong will and a flexible schedule.


EDIT [10/12/17]: None of this happened. As I established, I'm a very cheap person, I needed to save money first before I do any of these money taxing activities.




[edit 10/12/17:I just created a Facebook page, make sure you like it!!!]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FLAW OF WILDFLOWER (FILIPINO TV SHOW)

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I DIDN'T CHANGE SCHOOLS?

THE SOGIE BILL AND WHY IT MATTERS